- Mountain Refuge
- Small and intimate
- Excellent food
Hotel L’Aroula is one of the few hotels situated on the slopes, providing a tranquil haven for those wanting to truly escape.
Nestled just off the Ostafa piste, this unusual hotel sits within a hamlet of ancient farm buildings, allowing guests to ski in and out during the day, and relax in peace in the evenings. It’s unique position allows for stunning mountain views with panoramas to Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn on either side.
Charming and cosy, Hotel L’Aroula offers four en-suite bedrooms (one with Jacuzzi) and one seven-bed apartment that’s perfect for a group or large family.
If you’re planning on visiting Champoluc in the evening, it’s best to plan ahead as you’ll need to take the gondola – we can talk you through this. It’s good to take the chance to savour the popular restaurant, as it’s normally exclusive for guests in the evening. Enjoy hearty specialties made from local produce and wash your food down with fine wines, whiskies, rums and grappas. You can also sample Swiss and French mountain fare on request – think bourguignonne, raclette and fondue. Round off the evening by nipping out into the fresh mountain air and doing a bit of stargazing.
It is owned and managed by Jean-Claude and his wife Michela. One of our few properties actually situated on the slopes, L’Aroula is in a tiny hamlet of ancient farm buildings about two thirds of the way down the Ostafa piste. Accessed by taking the main gondola up from the village and then the Ostafa gondola onwards to 2,420 metres. From here the red piste winds back down to Crest and L’Aroula can be found tucked off the edge of the piste with views down the valley.
Access to Champoluc village in the evening is possible but requires some planning! The main gondola normally runs every evening at 1800, 1930, 2230 and 2330 hours, allowing guests at L’Aroula to spend time in the village in the evening before returning to the hotel. Please note that it would take 30 minutes to walk down from L’Aroula to the top of the gondola and considerably longer to walk back. The hotel might be able to offer ski-doo transfers between L’Aroula and the top of the main gondola, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Return transfers between 8 airports and resort including Turin (90 minutes to resort), Milan Malpensa (2 hours to resort), Milan Linate (3 hours to resort), Milan Bergamo (3 hours to resort), Geneva (3 hours to resort), Genoa (3 hours to resort), Chambery (3 hours to resort) and Sion (2.5 hours to resort).
- Half board accommodation, based on 2 people sharing – breakfast and dinner, unless mentioned otherwise in the text above.
- Full area Monterosa lift pass covering the resorts of Champoluc, Gressoney and Alagna – 6 day pass with a 7 night holiday, 6 day pass with 6 night holiday, 5 day pass with 5 night holiday, 4 day pass with 4 night holiday etc.
- Snack lunches each day at a choice of mountain restaurants. Vouchers are valid in 6 mountain restaurants spread across the ski area and are valid for one dish from a choice of four or five – typically something like a bowl of pasta, toasted Panini, large hot dog or similar, all served with a hot or cold, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink. Unused vouchers can always be used to buy après-ski drinks in the bar at the bottom of the main gondola.
- Ski guiding – Take advantage of the opportunity to join one of our team on a trip around the Monterosa ski area, exploring the ski areas of Champoluc, Gressoney and Alagna and discovering pistes that you might otherwise miss. Relax and enjoy the stunning scenery, safe in the knowledge that your guide will get you back to Champoluc before the lifts close. Please ask a member of our Resort Team on arrival for details on arrival in Champoluc.
- One free entry to the new indoor swimming pool in Champoluc during your stay (please note that swimming caps must be worn)
- The services of our friendly and experienced resort team – 24 hours a day
4 bedrooms (1 x triple and 3 x twin/doubles – all with en-suite bathroom) set above a popular restaurant.
Beautiful mountain refuge – a true mountain experience.
Flights can be arranged to suit your requirements.
Please call for prices.
|Dates||# Of Nights||Flights Included?||Price||Enquire|