When choosing your resort it is very important to take into consideration a variety of factors:
- Not just the cost of accommodation and getting there but also the cost of expensive extras such as lift passes, tuition, equipment hire, restaurants, bars, and supermarkets. Costs can vary dramatically. Somewhere such as Courchevel 1850 will cost as much as €35.00 for a burger fries and beer on the mountain. Compare that against Obergurgl at just €12.00 for the same thing.
- It's isn't so wise to go to Chamonix or Val d'Isere for your first ski holiday because your best friend always skies there. Many Brits sadly over estimate their ability and assume that they are experts when they ski just once a year. Resorts such as La Plagne, Soll, Valmorel, Kaprun, Saas Fee, Cervinia etc are actually fine for the majority of skiers - be honest with yourself about your ski ability. Beginners will be far better off at somewhere such as la Rosiere or Kuhtai. Equally setting a group ski holiday around the needs of the one non-skier isn't a wise move either. It's always a balancing act and compromises have to be sought but with Snowfinders expertise and guidance you can be assured of the perfect ski holiday to suit your requirements.
When to ski
- You may be governed by school holidays or specific dates but in general avoid half term, it's the highest priced week of the season and usually the most crowded. maybe opt for a pre-christmas jaunt or an Easter excursion instead. The cheapest weeks to go skiing will be pre-Christmas holidays, early January, and post Easter - dont worry about snow conditions on these dates as Snow Finders can locate you resorts with virtually guaranteed snow.
- if you like to party hard then there are great otions out there such as Ischgl, St Anton, Verbier, Zermatt, Val d'Isere, Mayrhofen, Les Deux Alpes, Saalbach, Meribel, and many more. If you are looking for a more laid back time then the quieter villages such as Champoluc, Peisey-Vallandry, and Kloster amongst others will all appeal. If you are looking for a party in the mountains then call Snowfinders and we will locate the perfect ski holiday for your needs.
- Found a resort you like and fancy a ski deal? Then click here.
Popular Ski Resorts
Some of our most popular ski resorts include:
Val D’Isere is an elongated resort that becomes more attractive as you move towards the centre. There is a huge selection of accommodation suiting most budgets and an extremely efficient bus service which means that slope access is quite easy even for the non ski in ski out properties.read more..
In our opinion one of the most stunning resorts in the world with huge charm and a proper alpine tradition and history . The majestic Matterhorn (“a proper mountain with a point on the top”) towers over this resort read more..
St Anton is a superb resort both on and off the slopes. It is ideally suited for the adventurous and competent skier who likes to party hard! An elongated resort at the base of the valley, it has managed to keep much of its original character. It is partly traffic free and has a lively atmosphere throughout the day and well into the night. read more..